Monday, March 30, 2015

Here Lie the Dead

Lately I've been thinking a lot about W.W.I.I. The horrors, the deception and the waste of human life. Several books I've been reading are 'Hannah's Suitcase', 'The Diary of Anne Frank', and 'The Hiding Place,' by Corry Ten Boom.

It does make one feel sad. To think of the suffering of good people at the hands of people that blindly follow an evil ideology.

Of course I'm grateful there are people that are willing to defend their country and help people whose lives are in jeopardy.

Still, it's hard to understand why people are so willing to inflict pain on others. Isn't life meant to be enjoyed? Are we not given life from a loving God so that we can love, help and encourage each other? 

War. What is it good for?

Here Dead Lie We

by A.E. Housman.

Here dead lie we
Because we did not choose
To live and shame the land
From which we sprung.

Life, to be sure,
Is nothing much to lose,
But young men think it is,
And we were young.

No comments: