Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Dancing Queen

My daughter and I went to see "Mama Mia" not long ago. She was quite surprised that I knew all the words to the songs. Isn't that cute. Anyways, I wrote a poem for her seventeenth birthday, which was on Sept. 11. I write poems for all my kids. I thought I'd share this one with you. She loved it.

She's a dazzling graceful bird
sailing through the sky.
She's a gentle breath of wind
soaring on clouds on high.

She's smooth and clean as snow
on a high mountain slope.
She's a fresh rose in winter
and soft as creamy soap.

She's a ship afloat in a sea
of sparkling diamonds and jade.
She's a treasured book to read
with just one copy made.

She's unique and irreplaceable
and now that she's seventeen.
The world awaits the spectacular
the charming dancing queen!

4 comments:

Gottawrite Girl said...

I love Mamma Mia, and Abba ~ you cannot leave that show without feeling carbonted!

Diane Smit said...

If you want to get carbonated, Abba and Mama Mia is the best!

John Dennis said...

Did you sing this one to her, Diane?

I suggested to my wife to see this movie with her friend. But the friend's daughter criticized it and so, unfortunately, she didn't go.

Diane Smit said...

Off course, I sang it to her. But not too loud. Both my daughters loved it. It's just plain fun and it makes you feel GREAT.