Thursday, November 20, 2008

Outdoor Fire

What do you get when you mix friends, a roaring campfire and food. The answer is; fuzzy,warm memories. Whenever you feel the cold winds sneaking up on you, think about something warm and wonderful. It's amazing what a difference that will make.

Sitting around a roaring campfire
With friends warm and sweet,
Reminiscing about days gone by
Toasting a marshmallow treat.

I think there is nothing to compare
To the warmth of an outdoor fire.
And the smell of burning pitch pine wood,
Of this I’ll never tire.

2 comments:

Gutsy Living said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your poems are lovely. Can' wait to read more

Diane Smit said...

Thank you. I'd rather share them then hide them away. I love how you'd do whatever it takes to get your kids on the right track.