Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beginnings

School started and we are back in routine. Sigh! I can't say I was desperately waiting for this day, but now that's it's here, I'm thankful for it. My youngest started highschool and was a little anxious about his first day. One of his teachers gave her students a welcome treat. She put cookies in a plastic bag with a verse attached to it. "Remember what I commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go." Joshua 1:9.
How comforting to know he'll have a teacher that trusts in God. To start this new season, I've put together a prayer poem.
Dear God, I need you more every day,
More than words can really say.
I need your strength for I am weak.
Your strength is what I should seek.
I need your hope when things go wrong.
To fill my soul with a happy song.
I need your love so I can live,
And faith that only you can give.

No comments: