Thursday, August 14, 2014

Finding Contentment

I've always been drawn to the simple things in life. No fuss, no muss is my motto. Yes, simple living is the best way to live.

What I like about this poem is that everyone can relate. From the youngest person to the oldest. Sharing simple things can bring a whole lot of joy. We don't have to spend a lot of money to bring joy to someone's day. If you don't think so, I dare you to try it and find out for yourself.

The Orange
-by Wendy Cope

At lunchtime I bought a huge orange-
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave-
They got quarters and I had a half.

And that orange, it made me so happy,
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park,
This is peace and contentment. It's new.

The rest of the day was quite easy.
I did all my jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I'm glad I exist.

No comments: