Saturday, July 18, 2009

God’s Promises Are True

Have you ever promised to do something and then forgot all about it? Don't be too hard on yourself. We all forget to keep our promises sometimes. If you have forgotten to carry through on a special promise you can always apologize. Humble people are very appealing. After all, none of us are perfect. Except God of course.

Whenever a friend is feeling sad, I say
That I will pray for them that day.
Though I meant it for sure when it was said
Sometimes I forget to pray, instead.

Whenever my Grandma is feeling frail
I promise my mom I'd send her mail.
I meant to send her a card as I should
But found that my book was much too good.

Whenever God makes a promise, it’s true.
Whatever he says in his Word, he’ll do.
He'll never say, “Oops, I must have forgot!”
Or he changed his mind and would rather not.

No comments: