Saturday, April 25, 2009

In my Garden

Today is an awesome day. Not only is the weather windy and warm, but I've been asked if I was interested in being the poetry editor of My Light Magazine, an e-line Catholic magazine for kids. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm overjoyed. To celebrate, I've written this poem.

It’s a perfect day to visit the garden
The air is fresh and bright.
All the buds are blooming on the trees
It seems almost overnight.

The cold winds of yesterday are gone.
This day holds something new.
And now that summer winds are blowing,
The skies are, oh, so blue.

See how the squirrels scamper and gather
See robins collecting grass.
They seem to know it’s time to get ready
That winter has finally passed.

Let’s pack all the mittens and winter coats
That just gets in our way.
Let’s bring out the hammock and sway in the wind
And not waste a single day!

No comments: