Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More Ski Memories

It's snowing here in Southern Ontario. A bit of a surprise. I was told by my safety conscience bus driver friends it would arrive, but I hardly believed it until I saw it. Anyways, it gave me a chance to post another ski poem. There's something cozy about a ski lodge and it gives warm memories. But, remember to wear a helmet. Safety first.

Snowflakes falling to the ground
Chairs are climbing heaven bound
Boots a dangling everywhere
Smiling faces soar through air
Muffled voices zip downhill
Some whiz fast and others still
Bursts of colors pass with ease
Through the crowds of bare limb trees
Smiling faces, cheeks aglow
Next to the dazzling, frosty snow
Ski boots stomping in the chalet
Carrying cheese and plates of pate
Crock pots, coolers everywhere
Hungry skiers glad to share.

No comments: