Thursday, January 28, 2010

The wind and the lion

It's very cold once again in Ontario. We've experienced a few spring like days but winter is back. I felt the winds blow through the cracks of our house and feel thankful for shelter. There are open fields behind our house and as I watched the white snow blow about like steam coming off the ocean I put together this poem. If you're looking forward to spring as I am, remember that God has given us the earth and the sky, the sun and the wind, the snow and the rain. Let's enjoy all he has given us in the moment.

I look out onto the fields and see a lion.
He's roaring with a mighty blast.
I watch him lean back and crouch
And jump through the air smooth and fast.

Suddenly, the lion slaps the air and laughs.
He sees me hiding inside.
I shiver and feel exhilarated with his speed
And the strength and width of his stride.

As his snowy mane whips about his face
His giant paws, makes not a sound.
Swiftly, he tramples the grass so it lays flat
All the while whistling a tune deep and profound.

Then just as icicles form on the branches
Of trees that bow as he passes by,
The silvery sky opens and the sun begins to shine
Causing the lion to run away with a sigh.

No comments: